Welcome Note

Hello, Welcome to my thoughtful world!A world of subtle but deep thoughts.And a world with a transparent window to my inner contemplation & much more. Hope you have a nice time reading it...and yeah, do feel free to convey your opinions.Your valuable feedback will help me become a better writer,thinker & blogger!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

A spark shall fly!

Yet again, I checked my watch, but this time let out a deep sigh of relief at the first sight of the banner "TechSparks 2012 Grand Finale" (http://www.yourstory.in/events/techsparks/). Finally, I reached, I thoughtAs I started walking towards the auditorium, I couldn't take my mind of the fact that we(me & my friend) have spent the better part of last one hour searching for this address. One complete hour! And in that process completed one full circle around a 17 km road & thanks to some auto driver's help, finally, arrived there, albeit an hour late. As we submitted our tickets & completed the registration process, an adrenaline rush filled my mind. Well, it was that kind of day, which I have been waiting for since weeks.
   And as we entered the audi, I could see the the Introductory note from the CEO of yourstory.in just coming to an end. Phew, the Indian Standard time!, I muttered while searching for a chair to sit amongst the densely packed auditorium. After all, however big-weights the speakers, orators & b-plan presenters were & from which ever parts of the world they flew in from, at the end of the day, it was an Indian event & true to its name, it was running late!
   The introductory note was then followed by an extraordinary speech by the Managing Director of a leading investment banking firm, giving deep insights into the ideal hiring policies of a start-up, ups & downs of an Entrepreneurial life, important times for the evolutionary phases in the organisation, the ways of imbibing a deep rooted culture into your start-up etc..I wish his talk continued further. But even before I started reflecting over his points , a panel discussion consisting of executive level members from Google, Amazon, Intel, Philips started over the topic of "Scaling your start-ups", which was moderated by a distinguished member of Harvard Business school. As the event progressed, and the fodder required for my intellectual appetite started accumulating, I could never have accepted the fact that these were just appetizers of the day.
   What followed after the lunch was the true purpose of the Grand finale. And thus, the main course of the day! The best 30 technological start ups of the country were unveiled. And a few of them were given 10 minutes to present them.
   However different the ideas may be & however different their methodologies in implementing them may be, every one of them had one thing in common. Each of them took pride in explaining & giving demo of their products/service. From the ex-CEO of the Kings XI Punjab to the Alumni of the most prestigious B schools, every one of them explained the void in the present market & the way in which their Entrepreneurial genius fulfilled it. Make no mistake, organisation are never born over night. Everyone had worked years & years over organizing their thoughts & developing their products and ventures (and in some cases, even after repeated failures of their previous endeavors! ) ; signifying the fact that "Work life balance is a myth!".
   There is no short-cut to success, there is only hard work, I remembered.
   Each one of the B-plans had vital ideas & outstandingly developed products. But the ones which caught my most attention out of all those mesmerizing presentations were 'Radiowalla' & 'Impact Index'. Radiowalla aimed at providing genre specific music app while Impact Index aimed at computing a common scale to compare the performances of all the cricket players across the globe, bowlers & batsmen, domestic & international, giving weightage to every minute & important detail like the position at which they bat, the crucial time at which they gave an important knock, the critical moment in which a wicket was taken, the failure rate of the players (giving a whole new perspective apart from average), the big match performances, considering the competence of the opposition (whether the Aus/Ban) etc..And like every normal Indian, being a cricket buff, I was awestruck when he demonstrated the complete idea. And inevitably, his presentation ended with a thunderous applause.
  And after a couple of high-profile talks ended, while I was walking towards the parking lot, I couldn't help but to contemplate about the events of the day. I may have been amongst the youngest persons who have attended today, but I might have also been the most profitable person of the day, as the hundreds of other Entrepreneurs there would have known the most of it by heart. Potentially, I might have gotten insights over the Life's worth over the meager amount I paid for the ticket, but the immense knowledge over startup's I gained have truly enlightened me over the meaning of a spark! May be, hopefully, a spark rises in my life. And, with all due respect to my destiny, hopefully, I shall fly! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment